Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Worms Made Dirt So Dirt Don't Hurt.... and other dirty pleasures.

I have found, via craigslist , a citizen of Eugene who happens to be re-modeling their entire yard... putting a pool and a shop in, from the looks of it. They are constantly dumping large amounts of soil out, curbside, and so I, being the ever-resourceful homesteader, am promptly taking it home! Packing my square nose shovel with me to work, and collecting huge amounts of cardboard from my work to line my station wagon bed with, I am moving somewhere near 1 full cubic yard of topsoil every day. Our new raised bed will be filled with a mixture of this dirt, chicken manure, Llama compost tea, and our hot compost. Expect a blog on this mixture, as well as a vlog about the tea and our hot compost on our YouTube channel in the near future. Speaking of our YouTube channel, I am currently on a terribly distressing hunt for my vlog cam that I had previously used for so many of my videos. Where did I put that thing???? Any body know a cheap mini HD cam? Like,.. no $ down, no $ monthly, and no $ at all.... ;) Anyways, here's the first of three new intros that will be precluding all our new videos.  Another load of dirt tomorrow should put us at nearly 3 cubic yards. YEAH DIRT!

No comments:

Post a Comment